Watering periods vary according to the season. In spring and fall, it is best to water in the morning to avoid the inconvenience of cool nights. In summer, it is better to water in the evening to avoid evaporation of water due to the sun.
This work requires good time management. You need to water at the best time of day according to the outside temperature. In case of a long absence, your lawn may suffer from a lack of water or even burn out in the heat.Think of installing a timer to get a real automatic watering system. You won’t ever forget to water the garden or cut off the water from your underground watering. Timers do the job at any time of the day or night, even during holidays.
Setting the Date and Time
1. Select the DATE/TIME SETTING position.
2. Use the + or – button to change the year.
3. Press NEXT to continue.
4. Use the + or – button to change the month.
5. Press NEXT to continue.
6. Use the + or – button to change the day.
7. Press NEXT to go to the time setting.
8. Use the + or – button or select AM, PM or 24H.
9. Press NEXT to continue.
10. Use the + or – button to set the time.
A single watering start time starts the program (A, B, C, D). All stations assigned to the program will run in chronological order. Several start times can be set to activate many waterings per day. The I-CORE timer can activate two programs at the same time. If the start times coincide or overlap in the programs, they will run at the same time.
Selecting a Watering Interval
1. Use the PRG button to select the desired program (A, B, C or D).
2. Select INTERVAL DAYS.
3. Use the + or – button to select the watering day intervals.
4. Program the remaining days before the next watering. If there is one day left, the watering will start the next day.
5. In interval mode, you can select DAYS WITHOUT WATERING when the watering is not required.
6. Press the + button on a specific day and an X will show for WATERLESS DAY.
The installed model offers many start times and several independent programs. That can be then adapted to the needs of the various areas waiting for irrigation. To avoid water loss due to evaporation, it is advisable to irrigate early in the morning or in the evening.
- The use of a rain gauge can generate water savings of 15 to 20%.
- Set the rainfall level by turning a knob.
Still Need Help? All American Sprinklers is here for you!
It is not easy to choose from a large number of watering timers. It all depends on the area you have to water and the use you want to make of it. That’s why we are here to help you make the right choice. from among our many products to offer you the one that best suits your needs. Reach the All American crew at 954-642-6680.